Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 17

Kitchen orientation plus lecture on garde manger.

Today is really a bad day. I'm in such the bad mood. I can only say my patience has exceeded its capacity and I had enough after 1 month.

Start the orientation by visiting the garde manger outlet, then the butchery, lunch, baking and pastry then the asian kitchen, lastly the top table.

Nothing much during the orientation.. Just some talks and stress from the chefs.. However, at the baking and pastry segment, we prepared some cookies. Slice the cookies from the mixture.. The dough was very hard as it was frozen. When its hard, you had to exert a lot of strength.. But when its soft, it become difficult to cut as it is sticky. We were also taught of how to turn the tray around. I tried and thought I was successful, then I burn my arm on the side of the oven.. And I dropped a cookie because of that.. Sigh.

There's this funny thing.. I tripped inside the kitchen at the same spot continously 3 times.. I think I tripped on someone boots, then I keep falling.. Can't get my balance.. So embarrassing.. I even almost fall onto the chef.. -.-"

Today is really not a good day. Start badly, end badly. So much to do, under so much pressure, so much to think. TIME IS LIMITED. VERY LIMITED.