Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 34

First day at baking & pastry.. Just half the day I'm already exhuasted.. And I'm sick.. Sort of.. Lucky now feeling better..

Today didn't went as smoothly as I thought it will.. There's so much to do.. I made blueberry muffin with crumble mix as garnish, chocolate muffin with walnut, prepare mise en place for mudslide cookies.. Then go for 30mins lecture.. Sound easy right? So that's a very good question why I'm feeling so tired.. If I "don't really" have much things to do.. -.-"

For the muffin its considered easy cause just incorporate the garnish to the batter which is already done and measure out each cup.. But that took us around 1hour? I think its caused by we don't know where are the ingredients plus we don't really know how to do.. During the process we got scolded a few times.. You can hear the chef keep asking is my muffins ready, is my muffins ready and that question was being asked for more than 15times I think.. -.-" Every 2mins once.. Haha. Then after we put the muffins into the convention oven, the chef now says your muffins are overcooking! Haha..

After that clean up abit and I went to help to prepare mise en place for oatmeal for awhile.. Then I convert to doing soft rolls.. Actually all of us changed to do the soft rolls cause it was the most important thing to do according to the chef.. So we cut the dough which was done earlier by classmates and roll into small balls..

Next is the mudslide cookies mise en place...................... This is also where I get scolded the most.. -.-" I asked questions and somehow cause of the answers I get, I think I asked stupid questions.. -.-" But I really don't know if not why I ask? Sigh.. If I know why should I ask again.. First day already bad, tomorrow I hope will be better..

Lunch I had mee rebus again.. I think by now the auntie know who am I already.. The girl who everyday eat mee rebus cause there's nothing else to eat.. -.-" I miss fish&co.. Haha. Back from lunch I continue doing mise en place.. Measuring the amount is easy.. This is the difference from production.. In production, you get scolded by using hands. Here, you get scolded by using spoons.. Reason is, its faster to use your hands. Quoting from the chef, you won't forget to bring your hands out of your house. Haha XD

So yesterday I was hoping that I'll be handling chocolate today.. And I did. But it wasn't what I had in mind.. I had to hunt the whole kitchen down for 3 different chocolates.. Measure, swop them and crush them.. Its not fun at all... Not when you have 2 huge bowls of big chunk of chocolates.. And you chop them using chef knife.. Next you know what happen? After awhile your hand turned into chocolate.. So tempted to eat them.. 55%cocoa.. Its not easy to do because 1. they are big or there's alot 2. time constraint 3. pressure 4. keep cutting the wrong way cause I don't understand what the chef want.. How to understand when somebody only say one word. It can mean alot things.. I tried 3 or 4 times still wrong then the chef give up and demo for me..

Next time if I don't understand I think I just say chef, can you show me how you want me to do it? -.-" I hope that won't be considered as a dumb question.. But overall the process is fun (: So not that bad I guess.. The lecture also ended early.. At around 3.05pm.. If everyday end this early, that will be great.. But its too good to be true.. Cause tomorrow there's a lecture at 4pm.. And I'm seriously not looking forward to it.. Today so tired.. Tomorrow doing same thing so will be equal or more tired.. -.-"

I just remembered I'm going to dine at top table next Monday.. I just saw the menu.. :( I wanna mix and match the appetiser and dessert.. :( Sad. I wanna make onion soup! Maybe I'll start making my chickie stock.. Haha.. Those instand ones are really salty.. -.-" Can cause hypertension and blah blah blah.. Oh well.. I finally created a facebook.. And the sad thing is I don't really know how to use it.. Its kinda complicated in a way.. I can't change things can't add pictures and I'm not really interested in playing the games there (I got better games to play! & mafia I already level 131 somewhere else.. Too lazy to start over.. Its not that fun anyway).. I'm too tired to figure it out.. Think I'll just add people and let it rot there.. Haha! Till I figure out a way..