Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 36

3rd day! Survived half the week.. YEAH~!

Today from the muffins people, I became the bread people.. So start off with making ciabatta? a kind of bread.. Mise en place was already prepared by the previous bread people so just need to measure the water.. However, its at 25degrees.. -.-" I have to add quite alot of ice to reach the temperature.. Dots. Then put into the mixer.. Get scolded again by almost using the wrong machine.. -.-"

After the dough is done, we let it ferment and went to make the tortilla dough.. And roll it into balls.. At first I not sure how to do it, the surface didn't come out smooth enough.. Then chef show me how to do it and it became a piece of cake! Haha.. So fun to roll things.. :)

When the fermentation is done, we fold it and let it ferment again. After that we cut it into 8 parts and let it rest for 10mins.. After that we stretch and put in on hotel pan. And proof it. Then went to do stewarding awhile then move on to bagels.

Making the bagels using the mise en place prepared.. Once the dough is done, we bring it to the table and start to fold and roll it.. Then we make them into long rolls and make a ring to form the bagels. So fun. Just like the tortilla dough, once you got the hang of it. Its really easy to do and you can complete it faster.

Then we prepare mise en place for foccacia. I sliced the onions.. Sad to say, they're not very uniform.. After skills camp and production stock side, I didn't really cut alot onions.. Haha. And I can't cook at home for the past 1 month.. So rusty. Haha.. Anyway I mixed it with the olive oil and roast inside the oven.. That's about all the things I've done today..

We didn't have food tasting today cause we were late for lecture.. Sigh. I was really looking forward to eat all those freshly baked food.. But no choice.. Sigh.. Lecture was quite funny today.. We laugh alot.. Haha..

After that went to see our mentor for comis challenge and listen to the answers for the test.. I realised I got alot of the questions wrong. -.-" My grades sure going to be humilating. I have to rush off earlier from the meeting cause I had something on.. As I was late already, I ran in the rain. Guess what? The so called safety boots that can walk on slippery surface without making you slip, made me fell. Both my knees scratch and bleed. It had been quite long since I last fell, I wasn't enjoying at all. -.-" And my boots one of the tip got chip off. XX -.-" The worst thing is, I can't find my new shoe polish to attempt to cover it..

I'm just so tired and hurt.