Thursday, March 18, 2010

4th day & im still clumsy

Mood: slightly better but still...........

ANYWAY, here's the 4th day..

Didn't do much cause of the training at CHIJMES. So I went to work as usual almost late thanks to that stupid sudden rain which made me missed my bus which made me missed the train. =.="

But I managed to reach 10mins before and scanned 3mins before.. PHEW. There wasn't much order.. Then I do the daily mise en place and marinate the fish, in the process freezing my hands.. Dots.

When the lunch hour end, one of the chef noticed a box, the pizza box with some writing on it. So we open and see.. Guess what? Inside is a pizza. And it is black. I'll tell the story later..

After the pizza thing, everyone got a shock. Then I cleaned the fridge and stuff had lunch and went to the training with another chef.. On the way, he told me the story.. Last night A (creator of the pizza) & B (the one telling) were on the night shift. B is more senior than A in term of position not age.. Anyway, so A left earlier than B cause his shift ended earlier.

10.05pm a pizza order came in. So A prepare and put it inside the oven and TOTALLY FORGOT about it. Even with the order slip staring right at his face. Needless to say, the pizza burnt. And there's burnt smell so the service staffS came to ask but he say nothing is cooking! And he didn't turn off the electricity and stuff then he went home.

Today he was confronted and the service staff and manager had taken picture as evidences but he refused to admit his mistake. He kept arguing. Its obvious that he's wrong, he keep claiming that he had already send the pizza. But the customer did not order and the customer was so angry that he complaint and refused to pay the bill. Naturally A had to pay since its his fault although he kept denying.

After the training, I went back to the restaurant to continue my shift. A came then another more senior chef told him that he should be more careful with the things he do, A used vulgarities and kept pushing the blame to other people. Like the service staff come in and do things which they can't cause they will be fined if they do so, he pushed to the dishwasher who don't know how to cook or operate the machine at all, more ridiculous is, he said our kitchen is haunted. What the hell?

So when I return work, spent quite a long time hearing the argument.. -.-" Now back to the training. Its about keeping the kitchen clean and same.. If you ask me, its the year 1 things.. Quite boring but I get to see friends from other outlets so ...

Learnt how to make tandoori wrap, quesadilla, jumbo and asian! :) Yeah!

I hope I will become better.. Very tired but I still enjoyed my work :)) Hopefully one day, my mentor chef won't say why I do things certain way.. Haha. I was told to train dumb bells! x.x