Saturday, November 12, 2011

happenings from aug till now

Continued from where I stopped months back.. School orientation basically just a talk and give out some information thats all.. Nothing much happened that. Nothing interesting at least.. Not that I can remember~ School started shortly after. Lots of hectic stuff. First block I have nutrition, gastronomy, psychology and french. Nutrition things are similar to what I learnt in F&N, however, whats given to us in lecture no necessary is the answer. Then why is it being taught? Beats me. The assessments and stuff, not something that I will use in real life thats for sure. I'm not a very health conscious person :/

Gastronomy is cool but the topic is very dry.. and need a lot of memorising which obviously, I'm useless at. But its still very cool. Both nutrition and gastronomy are completed, results are.. average. Nothing that I'm proud of.. Psychology till now I'm still taking it.. Very interesting but very hard to do well. The concepts you understand but don't understand. What you understand is not what it is. And thats how I failed my first assignment in this school. =.=" I haven't fail anything for very long, unless taking nutrition into consideration. But again, that can't really count cause the way it is being assessed is ridiculous. Get one question wrong, you failed the entire quiz. How is it possible when the things inside is not even taught or the answer from lecture is not accepted? Go figure. Anyway, psychology really helps me a lot. Understand a lot of my behaviours, its still a challenge for me to understand this class though. I know I won't do very well but at least, pass please!

French is also in process. This is super duper interesting! Its literally the lesson that I looked forward to every time. The language is so cool! Its hard to learn cause I have no french background, but its just so interesting and fun :) Can't help but buy a dictionary to help me with it. And of course, play around and teach boyfriend ;) J'aime francais! whee~ Recently just had the french oral which I did average, somewhere in the middle and the final exam which listening.... I can't catch whats being said at all. Too fast for me =.=" DAMN. I wanna go France too! :(

Then next is culinary fundamentals, which as mentioned in the previous post. I shall not elaborate too much on this. Had lots fun, refresher module. Learnt quite a lot of new things, see quite a lot of cool things. I'm glad I'm a student here! :D Exposed to a lot of things that I think its hard to get outside. My chef know so much that whatever I asked, I get my answer. And he don't mind my silly questions. Hehe. Currently, 4th day of meat fabrication which is also mentioned in previous post. So far. Still manageable I guess.. 35 years of experience, wow. He wasn't kidding when he say that, my butchery chef seriously know everything about meat. Lesson is interesting and funny and very easy to understand. Practical.. Sigh. Is another thing though. Meat :( Suddenly I just have some grudge against you. Hmph.

Another thing is.. I am now working too. At a Italian casual dining restaurant as a commis chef. Helping out with mise en place etc. Flexible schedule like extremely flexible. Pay is good too. So weekends are burned working too. School work work school. Life? Where is it? Sleep? Less than 6 hours per day. Meals? Once per day. What to do.. No money no school. School fees are increasing every semester. How nice. But can't argue much about the education I'm getting though, with nutrition as exception of course.

Alright. Time to sleep. JIAYOU! Seriously work harder!

My dearest brain. Au revoir.