Tuesday, April 21, 2009

On 1st day

It wasn't the best way to start the whole semster. Seriously.

Missed the bus. Reach school at 7.25am, not enought time to change. Had problem with my neckerchief. Late for roll call. Socks not high enough. Some strand of hair fall out from hat, messy hair. Forgot to bring lock for locker. Place items in lockers without locks. was confiscated. No money for lunch, had to borrow. One last thing that makes this day so perfect is that I cut my fingers 3 times, not in a row but sigh. Lost at least a tablespoon of blood. Had a hard time stopping it. Oh yes, my chef uniform got stain by tomato.. -.-" WHAT A DAY!!!

We had homework for knife skills. We had to cut medium dice (1cmX1cmX1cm) and brunoise (3mmX3mmX3mm) from a carrot. Luckily in school, we had practiced so it wasn't that hard but it still took me about an hour just to cut them.. At least my trimming was not so bad.. I didn't waste alot.. Here's some pictures of my brunoise! Not perfect cut but I've improved! I just realised that for the knife skills assessment on day 1, I got a C.. Well 1st day so.. There's a long way to go!
My brunoise


I thought culinary is easy. I was very wrong.. But I didn't regret my path though.. Just that before today, I didn't expect that the training will be so tiring.. After school, which end at 5pm, reach home around 7 plus. Eat, bathe, do homeowork, mise en place (preparation):P By the time all these tasks are completed, its time for bed! So there's not much time left for other things.. I wonder how am I going to cope with projects! I don't even dare to think about it.

This explains why its so hard to get into this course.. You get the strictest training, with high expectation. So that when go into the working industry, it will not be that difficult. But currently, I'm deprived of sleep.. Sobs. I just hope I won't dozed off while cutting the vegetables because the next time you see me, I won't have any hands. Touch wood.

This also reminds me, I cut my fingers maybe is because I said if I cut myself its a perfect day for me. Me and my big mouth. Let's hope they heals soon and no scars cause I'm really in pain.