Saturday, May 9, 2009

Day 14

8.15 am Woke up. Feeling quite refresh.. Drink some cereal then I work on my game plan again..
9++ am Practice cutting carrot and onions, get ready for school
10++ am leave school.. Took taxi cause raining and is lazy :P
11am reach school, changed
11++ am tally ingredients list and went to kitchen, know that my dish is roasted chicken
12++ pm waiting cause previous group delay..
12.20 pm went in, set up station
12.25pm start knife skills
1.00pm present 5555578
1++pm start preparing chicken, saw chef took quite a lot picture of me doing the chicken. I think I will be embarrassed on the big screen next week..

After that I couldn't keep track of the time what I'm doing what.. I didn't follow my game plan.. Haha.. Anyway, was quite organised.. In a way.. This is what I did.. I collect ingredients, wash chicken, season it, stuff the thyme and rose mary inside its body, truss and oil. Put mirepoix under the rack under the chicken and put inside the preheated oven at 200 degrees celsius for 40mins.

Then I boil the potatoes for the whipped potatoes. Prepare mirepoix for cream of carrot. Cook the mirepoix, add all ingredients, leave it on the stove. Cut broccoli nicely, set it aside. Prepare mise en place for glazed carrots. Drain the water of potatoes. Heat the milk & cream. Mash and season. Boil water. Wrap the potatoes and put on the boiling water. Season soup, heat cream. Blend soup. Add cream, season again, garnish with chopped parsley, served. (Remarks: Too thick, more like puree of potato then cream.. -.-")

Check on chicken. Take out, rest. Make pan gravy. Glazed the carrot. Put broccoli to steam. Strain gravy. Crave chicken.. Plate. Canal potatoes, glazed carrot, steamed broccoli, half chicken breast with thigh and drum. Gravy around chicken, served. (Appearance: good, taste [veg: good] [chicken: a little overcooked], temperature: can be hotter) Chef said I should have a craving lesson with him someday.. And asked if I don't like him anymore cause the food is turning cold. SOBS. Of course I like him, he's so nice.. Haha..

After that is the cleaning up. Whole place is in a mess. Seriously. Lucky my buddy for the day finished earlier than me, so she already start washing up. As she's very organised (which is a good thing), she told me what to do. So I wipe the plates and equipment dry and wash the oven. The way we do things, is so different from what I did in the past. So fast that everything is disappearing and soon the whole station is clean and we're free to go..

As yy is at the next station, so I went to help her a little.. I've completed the be nice to her task.. Haha.. Anyway, without helping her to clean I also nice to her so ya.. Haha. I helped her clean the oven and some others cause she's already finishing.. Then we went to change.. While walking out of the kitchen, we were laughing so loudly that we didn't realised a teacher was in front of us.. Luckily everybody is in a good mood today..

In the locker room, while sitting down to pack my stuff, my back bang onto the locker. Extremely pain. SOBS. Then I wait for mj for more than half an hour.. -.-" Cause she's one of the last so have to wait for the oven to stop. I went to the window and talk to her using sign language. During the whole time, the rest of the people who are inside the kitchen which includes the chefs, were laughing like mad. This is so embarrassing. While waiting, we saw chef R in t shirt and shorts went to the reservoir to jog? And chef K pushing his bicycle out.. Which reminds us of Hq.. Haha..

I transferred to 28 in order to get home earlier.. BUT I waited for that bus for more than 15mins. During the journey, the bus is moving very slow. So slow that the next 28 went past it. No wonder I waited for it so long. Its bad enough for them to charge the poly students expensive fares due to the perception that poly students are rich. Which is not. They should at least make our travel a pleasant one so that it won't be that bad and they won't get fined for providing low quality service. -.-" Restaurant have mystery diner, bus should have mystery passenger too. To prevent unpleasant journey on the bus and unhappy passenger like me.

Spoil my mood for the whole day. As I've told my mum that the test end 3plus. Supposedly. Thus, when I get home close to 7pm, she was fuming. -.-" Sigh. And because of that, after school, I can't wait anymore. I've to go back first if you're not ready yet.. Sorry girls. She's really mad at me..

At night, watched ghost whisperer. Extremely nice. Cheers me up a little.. Then I forgot what I did.. Either play computer awhile more or I went directly to bed (which is less likely) Haha...