Wednesday, March 24, 2010

10 songs 1 mood

First saw you at the video exchange
I know my heart and it will never change
This temp work be alright if you call me
You call me

I lied awake at night for you
And I prayed

We crossed the deepest ocean
Cargo across the sea
And if you don't believe me
Just put your hands on me
And all the constellations
Shine out for us to see
And if you don't believe me
Just put your hands on me

The subway radiates with heat
We barely met but still I crossed the street to your door

And it rains in your bedroom when everything's wrong
It rains when you're here
And it rains when you're gone
Cause I was there when you said forever and always
You didn't mean it baby

In an ordinary fairytale land
There's a promise of a perfect happy end
And I imagine heaven just sort of that, it's better than nothing

In the corner of my mind
I knew too well
That surely even I deserve the best
But instead of leaving I just put the issue to bed and out of my head

And just when I believed you've changed for good
Well you go and prove me wrong just like I knew you would
When I've run out of second chances you give me that look
And you're off the hook

You'll be mine
Forever and almost always
It ain't right to just love me when you can, yeah
I won't wait patiently
Or wake up everyday just hoping that you'll still care

What am I still doing here
It's all becoming so clear

One day I'll turn around
I'll see your hand reach out
I'm only fooling myself oh
But maybe when you smile
It means you'd stay awhile
Just maybe you'd save me now

According to you
I'm stupid, I'm useless
I can't do anything right
According to you
I'm difficult, hard to please
Forever changing my mind

According to you
I'm boring, I'm moody
And you can't take me any place

I'm the girl with the worst attention span
You're the boy who puts up with that
According to you, according you

Here we are, seven days
And seven nights of empty tries
It's ritual, habitual
But it's never gonna work this time

We're to the point of no return
And along the way the only thing we've learnt
Is how to hurt each other

I'm looking back and wondering why
It took so long to realise
That nothing's changed, it never will
All these years of standing still
And still we stay in all this pain
And nothing's gonna make it go away

I don't wanna wait another minute
Put me out of my misery
I can read your mind baby you're not in it
And we're not what we used to be
No you wouldn't have to lie to me
If you would only let me go
And I don't wanna wait another minute to hear
Something that I already know
I know, I know, I know
Something that I already know
I know, I know, I know

I can't sleep
Everything I ever knew
Is a lie without you
I can't breathe
When my heart is broke in two
There's no beat, without you
You're not gone, but you're not here
Instead that's the way it seems tonight
If we could try to end these wards
I know that we can make it right
Cause baby

I don't wanna fight no more
I forgot what we were fighting for
And this loneliness that's in my heart
Won't let me be apart from you
I don't want to have to try
Girl to live without you in my life
So I'm hoping we can start tonight
Cause I don't wanna fight
No more..

How can I live
When everything that I adore
And everything I'm living for
Girl it's in you
I can't dream
Sleepless nights have got me bad
The only dream I ever had
Is being with you
I know that we can make it right
It's gonna take a little time
Let's not leave ourselves with no way out
Let's not cross that line

And I can't breathe without you
But I have to
Breathe without you
But I have to

You're the only thing I know like the back of my head

Listen to me hear what I say
I don't wanna feel
The way that I do
I just wanna be
Right here with you
I don't wanna see
See us apart
I just wanna say it straight from my heart
I miss you

Say you're sorry
That face of an angel comes out
Just when you need it to
As I pace back and forth all this time
Cause I honestly believed in you
Holding on
The days drag on
Stupid girl
I should've known, I should've known

Maybe I was naive
Got lost in your eyes
I never really had a chance
My mistake I didn't know to be in love
You had to fight to have the upper hand
I had so many dreams about you and me
Happy endings
Now I know

I'm not a princess
This ain't a fairytale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood
This is a small town
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now it's too late for you and your white horse
To come around

Oh whoa whoa whoa-oh
Try to catch me now
Before its too late
Its too late
To catch me now..