Monday, March 15, 2010

1st day of work

So I have not been updating cause I'm quite lazy.. Haha. But I'll try to write something throughout my whole intern so that I can remember, hopefully it'll last :)

Today is my first day of work. Woke up, get scolded by my mum about something -.-" and more things.. =.="

Then i pack my things and left house at 10am as planned. Missed bus -> missed train. Board train at 10.13am.. Reach raffles place at 10.32am rushed to work place.. Walked that irritating extremely long tunnel, went up the wrong escalator, had to asked for direction to my building.. -.-" This is not the first time I got lost finding it.. The other day I actually got lost 3 times before I found it.. =.="

Anyway, I still reached early.. Then I realised I don't need to bring my uniform cause they provide. Wear another person's uniform, it's really very very big. After that, I scanned my finger alot times but it didn't registered.. Oh well, had to write my name etc and pin it somewhere..

First thing, the chefs introduced themselves and I start work.. First task, go to walk in chiller and get some vegetables. In there, met another chef who helped me to get the stuff :D Then he tells me where to get certain things like where they are kept..

After that we all slacked for 1 hour plus till the crowd come.. We ate peanuts while waiting.. Haha. I realised my chef knew chef Joyce, what a small world! When the crowd come, there's quite a bit to do..

I'm in charge of the fryer today.. So I do the fish and chips, the fries, the wedges, wings and sausages and nachos. I also do the plating for the dishes. Then I make the hot sauce, sliced mushrooms, celery. Weight the spaghetti, prawns, make the chicken mayo, caesar salad, club sandwich, pizza.. Really did alot today..

My chef cooked seabass with some tomato sauce, it will very nice! The fries here also very good :) Maybe cause I fried hahahahah. The staff food was prepared by 2 chefs. Vegetables with prawns, and roast beef! Very tasty. Chef ask me how was it, I say very nice, he say I everything also nice.. Haha. Then he ask me to prepare staff food and asked if I only know how to cook maggi mee. Haha.

Anyway today was quite a good day.. :) Tomorrow till Saturday is 12 to 8pm.. hmmm. 8 hours.. Jia you!