Sunday, March 28, 2010

boring day @ work

Start 12, reached just nice. Slightly later.

Everything is in place.. Nothing much to do.

Took out the watermelon and show it to my chef. He start to trim it to make it easy for me to carve later.. Make some orders. Then he bake pudding. But as he was busy teaching how to carve, the first batch burnt.

We carved flowers. A bit out of shape thanks to me. -.- Its my first time so its alright.. :D

When Mr B came, we made burger patty. Do the mise en place first then after lunch we make. He mixed everything together, I'm just doing the shaping thats all. What a easy task! Then we had nothing to do. Really nothing to do except stoning, rotting, talking, staring into empty space and walking around the tiny space.

So I continue to carve my watermelon. Gave up when I see that its going to fail.. D:

Now all the service people, okay, all the guys (almost all of the outlet staff kitchen & service) called me xiao gu niang. Thanks to the dishwasher -.-" I just found out that I'm the youngest! :D No wonder they always call me little girl, ah girl all these.. SIGH. But 2 weeks I made so many friends! HAPPY~

One of the staff resigned, I thought maybe she's just slightly older than me. Guess what? She's like older than me by 10years. Gosh. Can't tell. The guys also look younger than their age. People nowadays sure know how to take care of their skin.. Haha.

The bartender who ganged up with the dishwasher, made me virgin mojito 0.0 Cause he was also bored. He's the one who scolded me on my second day, then I tell another staff that he scolded me, he say he can't remember. He half kneel and apologise to me say he was just kidding, so funny.

As I was very bored, I saw them opening the wine bottles. I said I knew how to open, they don't believe so I show it to them. Ha. They sure got a shocked. End up I help them open all, don't really mind since I had nothing else to do..

At night when I wanted to fry some nachos to standby, I realised Mr B has spoilt /wasted 5 packets of nachos. He cut them as a packet whereby I cut parts by parts. In his case, all the nachos became doubled layer. So when we fry, there will be huge bubbles in between making the nachos less appetizing. In the end, we fried those that I cut first.. And keep the rest.

The rest of the night, guess what? The dishwasher give me lessons about China. I only asked him which part of China he came from, he start to tell me a lot things. First, the map. Then he analysed the map. After that become the great creations of China, the laws, the crimes, the government hierarchy and the difference in how the words are written. Kept me entertained for awhile but its kinda ....

Anyway, that's how the day goes. It started by me carrying a 5kg plus watermelon to work and ended by me carrying a slightly lighter watermelon home.. My shoulder hurts. -.-"