Thursday, April 1, 2010

Monday!

I'll upload pictures soon :)

For now, I shall update..

Monday, went for training.. Turned out to be WSQ training for bar.. So we had a really long lecture which is 6hours plus, regarding bar. Like how to set up, close, clean equipment, the cocktails recipes all these.. Some parts are quite boring even though there are activities.. Probably because we already learnt all these in school.

Only when I attended the training, then I know that there's assessment for this in order to get the certificate. And my assessment is on next tuesday! This means that I have to study on top of work.. Gosh. I'm so tired..

Anyway.. I'm supposed to work 12 to 9 but due to this training, I arrived at work close to 6.. So I didn't do much at all.. Just helping with some mise en place and preparing orders then I went home..

I stayed all the way up till like 3.30am despite the fact that I'm very tired.. Know why? I was baking. Actually I wanted to bake lime meringue tart. But the tart molds are missing. However, everything already mise out according to the tart recipe.. Hence, I used my creativity to turn it into lime curd biscuit.. Quite sour but no choice, there's supposed to be meringue on it to balance the taste but I'm very tired already..

I tried different technique to hold the curd in and balance it with the biscuits.. After about 8 tries, I finally come up with it though the product didn't come out nice enough.. Comments from colleagues are sour, but nice. Good enough, my first attempt anyway.. Haha.

Just in case you're wondering why I stayed up to bake instead of sleeping though next day is morning shift is because, many of my colleagues either resigned or transfer to other outlet.. I'll miss the people here seriously.. They are very very very good to me :)

My chef asked if I wanna transfer to Jurong outlet with him, I'm still considering.. I don't want to stay behind if everybody else are gone, but there are still one or two left which I don't bear to.. Sigh.. Tough choice..