Thursday, April 1, 2010

THURSDAY

Today woke up head very pain, feeling very giddy can't even walk straight.. Super tired.. Wonder why.. Dragged myself to work..

Reached there 5 mins before 10am, faster change and start.. Very tired, strengthless.. Wanted to cook the rice.. Guess what? The circuit tripped. I just plug in and turn the cooker on then bam short circuit. In the end the cooker can't use. My chef said it wasn't my fault cause I don't know that will happen so he cover up for me.. Feel very bad.. :(

End up we use the oven to cook the rice.. It was alright.. Then do the mise en place. As yesterday is the last day of the month, everything is running low.. Plus yesterday full house like crazy. The order never stop. Once the people get their salary they come here to eat.. Don't understand why they actually come here to eat satay.. Weird. Moreover I don't even think its nice.. Maybe cause I never tried it.. Haha.

Do the mise en place, I think I will too slow so end up my chef did most of the things for me.. Lunch hour packed again. So packed that we ran out of food to sell. D: Actually mostly is due to the fact that the suppliers came late so we don't have the products to prepare the food. Hence, I was sent to another outlet near us to borrow some stuff..

For some reason, at the area near my workplace, I have a very bad sense of direction.. Lost my way while going to work, lost my way while going to borrow some stuff from neighbour restaurant. Gosh.

Anyway, I just take the directions as told and I ran and ran though I'm already very tired.. Halfway, I asked for direction just in case. People are staring at me cause I'm wearing the chef uniform and I'm asking for my company's another outlet address. Haha. They must be thinking why is there such a weirdo wearing chef uniform running under the sun looking for her restaurant. -.-"

I managed to reach there safely.. But not for long. Tried to push open the kitchen door but in vain, thought the door is locked. So I went the other way, then the service staff say push harder. (This shows how tired I am, can't even open a stupid door) Anyway, I pushed harder and guess what? The door slam onto my hand. EXTREMELY PAINFUL. Wanted to cry on the spot but there's people around -.- Till now, to this point that I'm typing this, its still very pain. Can't bend can't use strength and it is bruised.

I borrowed the fries and ran all the way back to outlet. Took me back and fro about 10mins. I'm so fast. DOTS. Back to busy service. Heard that I need to make puttanesca, but in the end they say the order has already been sent. Wasted.

After service more goods arrived so we can really get down to do some serious mise en place. Defrost food, sliced onions, mushrooms, lemons, cut frisee, spin carrot, top up supplies etc.. Lot of work.. Only until 4 plus I went for lunch.. Anyway I chose to eat till I finished most of the things anyway..

After lunch, there's not much to do.. Items haven't defrost yet, packed stuff already, mise out what we can mise.. So I just hang around making fun of people. Haha. They have resigned already and are leaving soon, might as well make use of the time to play as much as possible.. Haha.

We cleaned the kitchen, I sweep but my chef say why I no strength one so he took over, then wash and mop. And I still can't communicate with the new dishwasher. He thought I understand malay but I don't. So I talk to him in English plus sign language.. Funny sight.

I went home, just changed bump into a colleague, talk and walk the other way.. Then I crossed the street, someone suddenly call me, I got a shock. In the end is another colleague who went to the-place-where-the-door-slam-my-hand to borrow things..

Then I went home. The rest I don't feel like saying anymore.. Maybe a good night sleep will help.. Hopefully, or else I'll be depressed the whole day tomorrow..

*SCREAMS*