Thursday, April 1, 2010

WEDNESDAY

Today is probably the busiest lunch I ever had.

Opening is alright but we were interrupted by the air conditioner maintenance.. Every quite smooth and fast? I guess but I'm not very fast cause I'm very tired. Reason: read previous post :D

Back to lunch rush. We had so many orders that we ran out of alot of items... I wasn't myself today, so slow, end up requires others to help me although they are already busy enough.. Even though they say it wasn't my fault that the service is slow, I can't help it but feel that it is really my fault :(

Then I helped to prepare lunch, and was told that I can be faster :(

Before lunch, I did mise en place, topping up the items and cooked the lamb stew.. With the aid of Mr B. Didn't taste it though.. Then I went for lunch.. After lunch, nothing much to do as all the inventory are low. So I went to find something to do, sliced the bread and spread the butter. Fried nachos, marinate fish all these..

New dishwasher today, he from Malaysia. Can't understand English, so I don't know how to communicate with him. So I use sign language, haha. Use my hand to express myself.. The old dishwasher is going to become a chef in another outlet. He's from China so he can't communicate with the new one too. Old want me to ask new whether he wanna eat anot, luckily I know makan is eat. Haha. So I ask him.

So how come the dishwasher become a chef? I heard that his agency is cheating money or something, and the other outlet dishwashers are slacking not hard working enough. So the company terminate the contract. However, this guy is very hardworking and he can cook. Hence, they put him inside kitchen as a chef. Quite a nice guy..

Alright.. As I am only updating after three days, there are things I have forgotten and I am very tired. Brain no longer functioning well. And tomorrow is morning shift again. Its gonna be a very long day. All the stocks are coming in, means more things for me to do in the morning.. Gosh. My hands are in pain..

This reminds me something.. During service, I deep fried a fish fillet. It was one piece. But as I slowly put into the fryer, halfway it became two! So it dropped in and the hot oil splash onto my hand. Wanted to scream at the moment but there was so much to do, so I just endure.. That time it was red, now is purple.. Everything regardless of temperature or texture, it very painful.. :( This is the cons of working in hot kitchen..

One of the staff asked why I don't want to put make up. But in kitchen so hot put for what? Melt become worse.. If I remember anything, I'll write tomorrow or something.. ITS VERY LATE NOW and I'm simply exhausted.