Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 10

Just as I expected. A day of disaster. Today is Daphne's series of unfortunate events. You will understand what I meant once you read this post. Just for your information, I'm typing this with one eye open cause the other one is swollen. (Told you I'm unfortunate today..) SOBS If you're wondering why am I still blogging is because it is easier than cutting carrots now.

I shall start by stating the list of my unfortunate events today..

1. Woke up early in the morning, lots thunder, start raining, have to carry all the heavy stuff with umbrella to school. (this is small matter, you will see what happen later)
2. Walk halfway to the bus stop with all those stuff to realise that I forgot to bring my homework ONIONS. Went back to take, saw the bus from a distance, run marathon. (too much exercise for early in the morning)
3. Due to the rain, jam. I transfer bus, waited very long. Reached school close to 7.20am. Panic, cause my neckerchief usually will give me lots problem..
4. Took the stairs up to as it is faster than lift. Halfway, I almost slipped and roll down the stairs. Lucky my shoe have the hook thing.. If not, you most likely won't see me for at least a few days.. -.-"
5. Finally reached the 3rd storey, panic again. Nobody is there at all. Hurry went to change, and my neckerchief, as expected, problems. I think my neck too skinny.
6. During roll call, my baby hairs keep dropping out. Then just nice when teacher come, one of them fall onto my shoulder. Lucky never deduct marks. But after that need to take temperature due to the swine flu, then I realised I left mine inside my bag. To think I'm the one who reminded others to bring.. -.-"
7. My stomach keep aching throughout the whole duration of demo and half the day for no reason.
8. Polenta makes things worse, so not nice to taste. And I have to keep trying it to ensure that the season is good. (You won't wanna know how it taste like.. >.<)
9. I got alot of stain on my apron. Even from sanitiser. Can't believe it.
10. I was removing the fats from the ribs then the knife slice my finger. It turned out that I used the wrong knife, it is very flexible.. Plus, first use = very sharp. Surprisely, I didn't felt much pain.. Just numb.. Maybe I'm used to myself cutting myself?? Dots. But this is only the 4th or 5th times?
11. Going home, transfer bus. Jam. Get down to transfer, waited for 28 for 19mins. And it moves very slow.. I already feeling very tired plus I waited for it for so long..
12. Take lift, Got a few people get in, stop almost every level. How unlucky can I get?
13. Eating dinner halfway, suddenly felt my eye very weird. Go look into mirror, swollen. Oh my goodness. I put some medication then continue watch tv. 5mins later, felt weirder, like something blocking my view, half of my eye is swollen. Can you believe this? Now I can hardly open my right eye, even if I open, its hard to see too..
14. And I haven't done my carrot homework yet! How to cut in this state? I will cut myself more than the carrot.
15. I just heard the news that 30 states got swine flu now. The earth is really deadly now. Plants and animals extinct, ice caps melting, deadly diseases everywhere.. Some people still don't care, killing earth even more. I hope I'm dead by the time human kind extinct.. That will be fortunate in a way I guess..

Now that you have read till this point, do you agree with the above statement, I'm extremely unlucky today? Now the swollen part is not getting bigger anymore, at least I hope it is not.. Think will start chopping my carrot at around 9.30 or 10pm..

Back to day 10. We made braised beef short ribs with polenta (that not nice grainy yellow thingy) and roasted vegetables. I've no idea how the short ribs taste like cause its not cooked yet and will only get to taste it tomorrow if I go to school. Polenta is definitely not something I would say nice. Roasted vegetables was not bad.. I learnt something today, you can replace brown stock or demi glace with red wine. It will make the ribs tasted even better :)

Lunch had 1hr30mins, surprisingly long. Went to design school but I ate my banana with walnut bread with mushroom soup and tea. Weird combination but who cares? My stomach already pain, no difference. After that is knife skills.. Batonnet, julienne, sliced onions, diced onions, minced shallots, minced garlic, chopped parsley and tomato concasse.. Managed to complete everything on time.. Got praised by teacher so makes my mood slightly better..

That's all for today.. I actually wanted to play the game I got yesterday.. But due to this stupid swollen eye that I can't play! Or cut my carrot.. No choice, just that I don't think it will be of good quality.. (Blame the bug or whatever mysterious object that make my eye swollen) I'm going to attempt now.. Wish me luck! And pray that I won't cut myself again. I lost too much blood already..

PS If I made any spelling error, please let me know, I'll correct it once my eye recover (if I remember).. But I don't think have any.. Haha..