Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Day 20

We're doing the same thing as yesterday. Thank goodness I'm no longer the sous chef. I'll just briefing go through what happen today.. Or else it will be a very long post again.. Haha..

1. Remove chicken and rack, place mirepoix, arrange 5 chicken on a tray. Wrap.
2. Teach Hs how to remove fats from chickie, then prepare mise en place for tortilla. Sliced 5 onions.
3. Filled containers with water. Peeled 18 potatoes while wm peeled 12.
4. Sliced potatoes using madeline?
5. Cut mirepoix. 16 carrots and 30 onions in 30minutes. (Told you I've master the skill.. Haha. I'm extremely efficient.) Besides, no one bother to help..
6. Did tortilla on my own, again. Without any help from anybody. Except when I ask E about the oil.
7. Stewarding awhile. Unclog the sink.
8. Went to chiller and freezer more than 4 times.
9. Peel onions. A few..
10. No chance to taste food cause I'm too busy. Cause no one helped, as usual. Sad.
11. Make the ice bath. Take 4 giant mixing bowl full of ice. My hands freeze. After taking out from the bath, my hands pain for quite long. Cause I put my hands inside the sink for quite long.. There's something wrong with the rubber thingy..
12. Skim the stocks.
13. Wrap all tortilla and bring to chiller.
14. Cut mirepoix for garde manger..
15. Help chef collect containers and put back to original place.
16. Wash the cloths and hang.
17. Clean the stewarding machine..
18. Mop floor one time. A few floor tiles.. Dots.
19. Take the chilled stock and the stocks just drained into freezer.

That should be all for day 20.. Can't really remember what else I did.. I consulted chef about the life of being a chef cause I don't wanna regret anything.. The one thing that I know and find out is that the stress level is higher than now.. We'll be meeting all kinds of chefs, facing different personalities customers.. At production where there isn't really any time constraint, feeling stress is not a good sign.. I need to find someway to reduce stress.. Eat more ice cream! :P I asked her about executing certain recipes, she told me that I was doing a good job, and that really make my day a better one! I will try my best! To get my dream job :) I'm so glad that I made this my first choice ^^ Kitchen is where I belong~

Stress and injuries are expected in this industry.. For me, I've scald myself quite a few times.. Now my finger hurts and my wraist has a ugly scar.. :( Sigh. Its evidence of training.. Haha. End of day 20. 3 more days to be in the production team..