Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 29

Though there's nothing much to do today, I felt extremely tired and sleepy.. Sorry kwa for changing my mind about going to library with you :(

Checking of attire during roll call was done very quickly, which is very lucky for me.. I've a small yellow stain on my sleeve don't know why.. -.-" Then we went into the theater and had lecture on classic & modern buffet and how to present the food. The lecture went on from 8am to 11am. I kept myself awake by copying all the words from the slides :D So hardworking of me.. Haha. When the lecturer/chef is changing the slides quickly and the slides are full of words, it really hard not to stay awake.. The topic today is quite interesting too, full of delicious looking food ^^

After eating the up sized mee rebus, we went back to the production kitchen to prepare the mise en place for Thursday buffet.. This week, my group and I are at the Sugarloaf side.. So we'll be preparing all the food for the buffet that is under production.. Except for soups..

There's alot things that we can't do as its too early.. So we just set up the stations for tomorrow, wash the platters and help out with the production.. Plucking the basil leaves! Haha. Basil smell so much nicer than fish.. But I really starting to miss fabrication now.. :C

As I really have nothing to do, I went to take down the menu for the buffet.. Just in case I was being questioned and I have no idea what to say.. The following is the menu for 80pax!!!

Appetizer
- Cured salmon on potato pancakes with mustard dill sauce (GM)
- Scallop seviche in cucumber cup (GM)
- Wrapped shrimp with Asian barbeque sauce (GM)
- Crab cakes with creole honey mustard sauce (GM)
- Chilled vichyssoise with white truffle oil (GM)
- Gazpacho Andalusia (GM)

Salad
- Pomegranate glazed duck breast (GM)
- Lentil and walnut salad (GM)
- Couscous salad with curried vegetables (GM)
- Vietnamese paper rolls with nouc cham sauce (Asian)
- Roasted corn and tomato salad (GM)

Action station
- Caesar salad with parmesan crisp (GM)
- Vietnamese warm beef on cool noodle (Asian)
- Crepe with assorted filling (Pastry and baking)

Soup
- Ginger carrot soup (Production)
- Assorted breads (Pastry and baking)

Main course
- Plain rice (Asian)
- Whipped potato (Top table)
- Roast tubers vegetables (Top table)
- Braised veal cheek in Madeira sauce (Top table)
- Chicken in red curry sauce (Asian)
- Thai seafood cake with cucumber sauce (Asian)
- Seafood paella (production)
- Pan fried salmon with gremolata and root vegetables (production)
- Pan seared cod fish with ratatouille (Top table)

Dessert
- Mini fruit tarts (pastry and baking)
- Mini lemon meringue tarts (PB)
- Raspberry and chocolate mousse (PB)
- Ginger and orange creme brulee (PB)

So much food to eat (^.^) erm, taste.. Haha.. But we only have 45mins! Luckily, its a buffet style.. Thus food will be replenished.. So we don't have to worry about running out of foooood!
PS I wanna be the first to get the crepes! Still can't forget the taste from 2 weeks ago.. :D