Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day 37

4th day in baking. 2nd day making bread.

2 man down today, more things to do, more stress..

Made pate a choux.. The process of making the mixture is easy.. Its only the piping part.. I realised I really had no talent in piping stuff.. We used stencil to ensure that the sizes are the same, however, the stencil doesn't really have any use to me.. It looks easy but its not.. The amount of pressure applied to the piping bag is very important..

I see my friends pipe like so easy, everything come out very uniform.. Then when I try.. Its either worm or some messed up shapes. -.-" And it supposed to be circle.. When I finally get the hang of the shape, its either too fat or too small. Another -.-" Sigh.

For the bread side, basically is just make some breads.. The steps for making bread are all the same.. Mix, ferment, cut, rest, roll, proof, done. But its very fun! I like to fold the dough and roll the dough.. Hehe. Entertaining.. We can't handle the dough for too long though.. We make some soft rolls, focaccia, walnut and dates bread..

Even though there's lesser people in our team today, everything still went very smoothly.. And we completed everything on time! I can't really remember what else we did though.. Too much for a day.. I just know that at the end of the day, me and steph was told to explain how to make pate a choux during lecture.. -.-"

So during lecture, we take turns to explain the steps.. And of course, we received some weird questions.. Questions that I don't know the answer.. So I just use my knowledge to answer, and some are wrong.. Haha. Expected. I don't know what to say in front of the group that I sort of keep repeating the same thing.. Everything is caused by the eggs and the air.. -.-" That's very funny.. The answer that I received from my chef before I left class doesn't help at all during the "questioning".. Anyway, I think we did a good job today..

After lecture, went to discuss the cc.. I'm soooo tired..