Thursday, April 7, 2011

cookinggg

Just cooked 3 eggs with onion. Now I'm full to the brim :D Eggs and onions will never go wrong. Perfect match! Just like basil and tomato :3

But that's not the main focus of this post anyway..
Oh, side track a bit.. Today's weather is insanely hot. I'm melting. Even now.. T.T

Anyway......

Last week baby say he wanna eat at home tomorrow night, so he tell his parents either buy back or cook at home. Few days ago, his brother says that parents won't be home. So I thought I'll cook for the three of us. Thought I'll cook mushroom soup, grilled chicken with black pepper sauce on mashed potatoes and served with buttered corn and glazed carrots.. And make mango ice cream for dessert..

However......

I just heard from him that.. His parents changed the appointment date so they'll be eating home tomorrow too! Well, I've baked birthday cake for his dad, made some tarts and cookies for them before.. But a full course dinner? Not yet. But apparently, tomorrow is the day.

I'm kinda stressed. Haha. My only concern is that its not filling enough for them :/ Plus he said I'm cooking for my in-laws. >.< The only thing that he keep getting wrong is ... he kept saying I'm the nu xu (son-in-law) when he meant xi fu (daughter-in-law). Super funny.. Haha. He always get it wrong :3 Its so cute >.<

So now the new menu become..

Appetizer: Cream of Mushroom Soup
Sides: Caesar salad
Main course: Roasted chicken on mashed potatoes, served with pan gravy and glazed carrots.

Everything is more or less planned.. Just left the shopping part.
The dinner got special meaning.. Haha. His treat with his pay from ns >.<
No GST or service charge. Haha.
Have to plan carefully.. If he reached home earlier like last week, then have to be ready by then..
But again..
Its really hard to say..

Oh well.. That's all for today.. Waking up early tomorrow :)
Its a BIG day!